NDP releases its election platform
• Under John’s plan, workers and small businesses are put at the front of
our economic recovery—not the wealthy and well-connected.
• While Andrew Wilkinson promises tax cuts for those who need them
least, John’s plan focuses on people who need help the most.
The platform promises:
• Direct support to British Columbians through the pandemic
with a one-time $1,000 recovery benefit for families, $500 for individuals.
• Improved public health care with a new medical school to train more
doctors and nurses, as well as a 10 year cancer plan.
• Making life more affordable for renters by freezing rents until the end
of 2021 and capping increases after that.
• Helping families with kids by expanding $10 a day childcare and
delivering free transit for kids up to age 12.
• Creating jobs and rebuilding BC with a new Recovery Investment Fund
to provide an additional $3 billion a year over three years to build new
schools, hospitals and more — creating 18,000 new jobs a year.
You can view the full platform here: https://kamloopsndp.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/BCNDP_Platform_2020_FINAL-1.pdf